Who doesn't know the Quake series?!
Quake III compiled for AROS i386 by Krzysztof Smiechowicz.
This is almost a straight recompilation of MorphOS port of Quake III.
Thank you for making it available for AROS.
- At least 256 MB of RAM
- Video card with hardware 3D acceleration stronly recomended(*)
- Data files from original game
- Data files patch to version 1.32 (**)
(*) On strong CPUs, you will be able to play using software rendering when
the window is 320x200 or 400x300.
(**) It can be downloaded from http://ioquake3.org/patch-data/ after you
agree to EULA.
You need to have original Quake III data files. Copy the contents of original
baseq3 directory into the empty baseq3 directory. Then be sure to copy the patch
data files (pak1.pk3 - pak8.pk3) into baseq3 directory. Once its done, you are
ready to go.
a) On my dev machine which has AC97 compatible card, sound causes freezes. If
you also experience freezes in the game, disable the sound by:
- run game, when in main menu open console (~)
- type s_initsound 0 and press enter
- type snd_restart and press enter
The game should restart without sound.