Tux Football is a great 2D soccer(for U.S.)/football(outside U.S) game. It aims on bringing old style gameplay from AMIGA times back to your computer with more up to date graphics! It's gameplay is similar to old classics such as Anco's Kick Off and Sensible Software's Sensible Soccer or it's sequel SWOS.
The gameplay is designed to be quick, responsive and fun. You are always in control of the player closest to the ball. The ball is controled via two differentn kick buttons - one for pass, and one for shoot. Aftertouch can be applied to shots by quickly pressing and holding the direction you want the ball to bend towards. Pushing in the opposite direction to what you kicked the ball makes it raise into the air, pushing in the same direction as the ball makes it dip towards the ground.
- Two Teams
- Pass, Kick, Tackles, Headers
- Bounds detection (i.e. we know when throw ins, goals, etc. happens)
- Realistic physics on the ball, including bouncing off goal posts.
- Title Screen, With menu.
- Sound Support, including sfx and music
- Computer controlled players
- Redefining keys, selecting number of players
- More Teams
- More graphics and moves, such as throw-in graphics, rolling around on the floor in agony, etc.
- Talking about agony, injuries and player-player collision detection need to be added
- Along with yellow cards and red cards
- And substitutions
- Joystick support
- Music and SFX need to be improved.
- Networked play
- Leagues, player stats, transfer market
Port is being handled by Boran Serkan, and he promises to keep an eye and update the port as well as it progresses - so keep your eyes on the available downloads.
Download Aros version at PortaCall site
Direction Keys : Move player around
Left Shift : Shoot (heavy kick in the air)
Left Ctrl : Pass (softer kick along the ground, directed to feet of the closest player on your team in the direction you passed in)